.. Loading ..


The Law Office of Shawn P. O’Connor & Associates represents individual and business clients in every type of immigration matter.

We assist individuals and business with applications for the following type of visa:

  • H-1B (Temporary Worker)
  • EB-5 (Investment)
  • L-1 (Foreign Worker for an International Company with Offices in the US and abroad)
  • L-2 (Spouse of an L-1 Visa Holder)
  • O-1 (Individual with Outstanding Abilities/Achievements)
  • E-1/E-2 (Treaty Traders/Investors)
  • TN (NAFTA Treaty Worker)

We can also collaborate with you on the preparation of EB-1/EB-2/EB-3/EB-5 Immigrant Visa Petitions.

The Law Office of Shawn P. O’Connor & Associates help our clients who are marrying a United States citizen apply for their permanent resident (“Green Card”). We prepare and submit all the necessary paperwork (Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, and Form I-601A, Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver when required). and submit it to the United States Customs and Immigration Service for you. We will not only accompany you to but also extensively prepare you for critical USCIS marriage interview.

If you have previously been denied a “green card” because the USCIS deemed you “inadmissible,” you may be eligible to file an I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver (for those who entered the country without proper documentation) or an I-601 Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility (for other reasons, such as a criminal record).

We understand how frightening it can be for an individual to learn that he or she is subject to a deportation/removal proceeding that would take him or her away from family, friends, and the life he or she has built in the United States. If you or a loved one is facing deportation, we will most professionally and vigorously represent you in Immigration Court and do everything that is legally possible to defeat the government’s efforts to remove you from the United States.

If you have been persecuted or reasonably fear persecution in your home country because of your race/ethnicity/nationality, religion, political ideology or membership in certain groups, you may be entitled to permanent asylum in the United States, even if you entered the country without proper documentation. We have significant experience in asylum matters. We will work with you to prepare the most compelling possible Form I-589, Application for Asylum and Withholding of Removal and expertly guide you through the entire asylum process.

If your marriage to a United States citizen ends before the completion of your green card application process, you still may be entitled to remain in the United States. For example, if appropriate, we can assist you with the preparation of an I-751 Petition Waiver or assist you in applying for relief under the Violence Against Women Act.

If you arrived in the United States without proper documentation as a child and have pursued military service or certain educational programs, you may be entitled to avoid deportation and remain in the United States. Please contact us to learn more and find out if you, a family member or friend might qualify for this program.

Our firm can also assist in determining if you are eligible to become a naturalized citizen and, if necessary, help you obtain the necessary resources to pass the requisite English and American civics exam.

Hablamos Espanol. Falamos Portugues.